Fortezza da Basso is main Florentine Fair’s district located in the heart of the city: only 4 km from the A1 Autostrada del Sole highway exit Firenze Nord (north Florence) or Firenze Sud (south Florence).
Access to the historical centre:
Fortezza da Basso is located outside limited traffic area but in its immediate surroundings.
Restricted traffic zone hours: from 7:30 to 19:30 (from Monday to Friday) and from 7:30 to 18:00 (on Saturday).
Parking areas near fair’s district:
- Parcheggio Fortezza Fiera (Piazzale Caduti nei Lager): 521 parking spaces + 110 spaces for motorcycles
- S. Maria Novella: (Piazza della Stazione) with over 600 parking places
- Parterre: Piazza della Libertà with over 650 parking places
Florence has several railway stations:
- Santa Maria Novella (Central Station – recommended): distance from the fair 250 meters
- Rifredi: distance from the fair 2,5 km
- Campo di Marte: distance from the fair 2 km
Amerigo Vespucci Firenze international airport, (IATA code FLR) is 4 km from the city centre, and is easy reachable byTaxi Service and public transport shuttle line Ataf “Servizio Vola in bus” that connects the airport to central railway station Santa Maria Novella within 15/20 minutes. In addition, T2 line Aeroporto Vespucci – Unità tramway system connects the airport to central railway station Santa Maria Novella in just 20 minutes (stop at Alamanni).
Several car rental companies offer their service from the airport.
By public transport
Urban Bus Lines ATAF
All routes have a stop close to Central railway station Santa Maria Novella that is only 250 meters from the Fortezza da Basso.
Find out more on routes and itineraries, here
Florence is terminal of main regional routes (Cap, Lazzi) and various bus lines connect the city with its surroundings.
+39 055 4242 Socota
+39 055 4798 Socota
+39 055 4390 Taxi Firenze
+39 055 4499 Taxi Firenze